The fee is to be paid in Koper during the registration process.
Online payments are unfortunately not possible.
We also kindly ask students to have with them a document confirming their status.
Koper is a small seaside town in Slovenia and the seat of University of Primorska. Faculty of Mathematics, Natural Sciences and Information Technologies, or FAMNIT for short, is a part of this university. The town itself is full of historically and culturally interesting places. You can find more about it here.
(photo credits: Ubald Trnkoczy, TIC Koper)
(photo credits: Kleva films)
How to get to Koper and FAMNITBy car:
- If coming from the direction of Trieste or Ljubljana, follow the signs for Koper. Pass the first exit for Koper (Koper Center) and take the second one. In the first roundabout, follow the sign for centre, leaving the roundabout in the third exit (make sure not to take the bridge). Follow the main road to a big roundabout.
- Hotel Koper does not have parking facilities for guests. There is a big parking lot very close to the hotel, next to the marketplace of Koper. You can reach the parking lot by leaving the second roundabout at the third exit. A large portion of that parking lot (the one more distant from the marketplace) is gravelled and free of charge.
- Alternatively, you can reach the closest parking lot to FAMNIT by going straight in the second roundabout, leaving the next roundabout at the second exit and continuing until the main road makes a right turn. You will see a parking lot (Ukmarjev trg) on your left, extending into a pier.
- Remember that you need a vignette to drive a car on highways in Slovenia. The cheapest option is a weekly vignette, which costs 15 EUR, and can be purchased at most gas stations close to any Slovenian border.
- From the Koper train station or the main Koper bus station, you can reach Hotel Koper by either taking a taxi (it should cost about 5 EUR), or walk (for about 10-15 minutes). There are also buses but they are not very frequent.
Walking directions (not the shortest path, but the simplest one):
Take the street towards the old part of town, Kolodvorska (it should be obvious which one it is), passing two roundabouts, and passing Hotel Vodišek on the left. After another two roundabouts, turn left on Vojkovo nabrežje, which after the next roundabout will become Pristaniška ulica. Hotel Koper will be on your right after another 500 m (crossing one more roundabout).
To reach the FAMNIT building, follow Pristaniška ulica until Ukmarjev trg, turn right (uphill) on Belveder. After about 300 m you should see the FAMNIT building on your right.